It’s frustrating when writing time gets interrupted. But it’s even more frustrating when you’re sitting at your computer, staring at the blinking cursor, and…you’ve got nothing.
You’re not alone–it happens to the best of us.
Whether or not you’re experiencing burn out, a creative block, or just don’t know where to start, you’ve got to turn this copy around.
And the good news is that with copywriting, you don’t need to reinvent the wheel.
Let’s take a look at some quotes about copywriting for when you’re, well, just not feeling it:
- “Why waste a sentence saying nothing?” –Seth Godin
- “People don’t buy what you do. They buy why you do it.” –Simon Sinek
- “Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.” –Confucius
- “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” –Tom Fishburne
- “Sell a good night’s sleep–not the mattress.” –Instructor at the Academy of Art University’s Advertising program
- “People aren’t interested in you. They’re interested in themselves.” –Dale Carnegie
- “When I write an advertisement, I don’t want you to tell me that you find it ‘creative.’ I want you to find it so interesting that you buy the product.” –David Ogilvy
- “Good advertising is written from one person to another. When it is aimed at millions it rarely moves anyone.” –Fairfax M. Cone
- “Marketers have a tendency to try to abstract their messages to the point that everything can be said in two to six commonly used words, which somehow gives us the comforting sense that we’ve created a polished marketing message. As if that’s the goal. Let me leave you with this: polish doesn’t convert.” –Joanna Wiebe
- “Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.” –Leo Burnett
- “You can’t just place a few “Buy” buttons on your website and expect your visitors to buy.” –Neil Patel
- “Metaphors are a great language tool, because they explain the unknown in terms of the known.” –Anne Lamott
- “The secret of all effective advertising is not the creation of new and tricky words and pictures, but one of putting familiar words and pictures into new relationships.” –Leo Burnett
- “Build something 100 people love, not something 1 million people kind of like.” –Brian Chesky
- “Every product has a unique personality and it is your job to find it.” –Joe Sugarman
- “Don’t build links. Build relationships.” –Rand Fishkin
- “Content marketing is like a first date. If you only talk about yourself, there won’t be a second one.” –David Beebe
- “Nobody reads ads. People read what interests them. Sometimes, it’s an ad.” –Howard Gossage
- “The greatest thing you have working for you is not the photo you take or the picture you paint; it’s the imagination of the consumer. They have no budget, they have no time limit, and if you can get into that space, your ad can run all day.” –Don Draper
- “If your content isn’t driving conversation, you’re doing it wrong.” –Dan Roth
- “The key is, no matter what story you tell, make your buyer the hero.” –Chris Brogan
- “These days, people want to learn before they buy, be educated instead of pitched.” –Brian Clark
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” –Leonardo Da Vinci
- “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time.” –Ann Handley
- “Sell the problem you solve. Not the product you make.” –Unknown
This list could go on…and on…and on…but hopefully these quotes inspired you enough to start typing!
What quotes inspire you to get your copy on?